If you are a police officer looking for a torchlight that is reliable and can provide excellent results for your security and law enforcement purposes, you should always look for certain things when buying or researching about a torchlight. It all depends on your specific needs. The brightest police torch isn’t always what you need, and there are many other factors to look for like modes, switching between the brightness levels and modes, accessories and battery performance.
Police torches can be used in many ways by a police officer, especially at night time. They can be mounted on the weapon as they come with purpose-designed gun-mounts, they can be latched onto utility jackets. Police torches can also be used for the purpose of viewing car plates or documents of the driver like ID and license.
A police officer might also need a torch for the purpose of self-defence, to use it as a striking weapon against muggers or to blind a criminal at close range. This is where tactical torches come in to play.
Once you figure out the exact needs and requirements you have from a police torch, you can have a look at these five torches and make up your mind that which one you will go with.
Klarus XT21X Tactical Flashlight 4000 lumens
Key features and benefits
- This amazing torch from Klarus consists of a CREE XHP70.2 P2 LED that has a maximum output of 4000 lumens which makes it bright enough to see objects in the long distance.
- 1 x 5000mAh 21700 battery included for longer runtimes especially helpful at night duties.
- Five brightness levels that help provide optimal output performance. Gives you options to choose according to your lighting needs.
- The new ITS (intelligent temperature protection system) technology monitors the temperature of the torch and adjusts the light power automatically in order to provide you with optimal performance.
- You get a lanyard, a USB charging cable, and a spare O-ring along with a removable pocket clip. These accessories come as a bonus with this torch. You can use these accessories in different situations ensuring security or law enforcement.
As for my experience with this one, I really liked the compact look and feel of this torch. The design is pretty much tactical and you feel comfortable when holding it in your hand. Klarus has a very unique and different texture on the body that comes handy in gripping the torch and prevents it from slipping or dropping from the hand.
- Rechargeable battery comes with 2A USB fast charging so you can charge it almost anywhere and don’t have to worry about extra batteries anymore
- Aerospace aluminium alloy body makes the torch quite durable and usable as a striking weapon by police.
- This torch also offers a user-friendly interface consisting of two switches- a tail switch for single-handed operations and for ON/OFF and a mode switch that lets you change through the brightness levels and modes quickly and right away if needed.
- Brightness and beam throw is awesome, also the green light really lived up to the mark.
- You get a charging indicator on the right side that lets you know the status of the battery when it’s charging, is fully charged or when the battery gets low.
- Head size seemed to be a bit large to me for carrying it in my side pocket.
- A USB C type charging might be something to consider in future upgraded versions.
ThruNite Catapult V6 Mini Thrower Rechargeable Handheld Flashlight
Key features and benefits
- Equipped with an advanced CREE XHP35 HI LED that provides an output of 1700 lumens at maximum resulting in great light efficiency for police use.
- 1 x 26650 batteries that come included in the light last for a long period and are rechargeable making you comfortable when it comes to carrying extra batteries.
- V6 consists of six different brightness levels being Firefly, Low, Medium, High, Turbo and Strobe making it convenient for you to adjust the light in every situation.
- It has a smooth peel reflector that helps provide you with a high-quality beam and throw if you need to use it for long distant lighting needs.
- This torch comes with accessories that can be useful in different scenarios – batteries and holsters ae the main ones. You can look for complete details and features on the relevant website.
- The illuminating distance is pretty impressive and far enough to see clearly at 400+ meters.
- It will remind you to recharge the batteries with the help of an indicator.
- This torch has a beautiful looking knurling pattern that ensures a tight and steady grip in your hand.
- It supports 2A charging and is quite impressive at it making this light quite a solid one.
- It has a memory function that lets the light turn on in the last mode accessed.
- It doesn’t get that hot while being used.
- The torch comes with only one switch – side switch. Not that the switch is hard to press or something but a tail switch for ON/OFF operation makes it convenient to operate the torch.
- The rubber cover of the charging port isn’t quite durable. It appeared to loosen easier than expected.
Olight Warrior X Tactical Flashlight 2000 Lumens/ 560 Meters Cree XHP35
Key features and benefits
- Warrior X has a Cree XHP35 NW LED emitter that generates a long-distance throw of light for extreme light requirements or blinding a criminal at a near distance.
- A 15A high-discharging 3000mAh 18650 lithium battery is used in this torch that helps produce a 2,000-lumen output and 560-meter throw allowing you to see even during heavy rain or foggy weather.
- It comes with three output modes – turbo, low and strobe that makes it convenient for you to adjust the brightness and modes according to your duty requirements.
- It has a tempered glass lens that is anti-scratch and anti-reflective ensuring a clear beam throw.
- The flashlight comes with the metal cigar grip and a belt clip for better usability and handling.
- Unbelievably bright considering the size and power of this torch.
- Aero grade aluminium alloy body and a 3mm tempered glass lens making it a tough one, can be used to break glass or as a striking weapon.
- Ideal for hunting, law enforcement and security purposes.
- Easy Operation with softly and deeply pressing the tail switch to easily change between 2 output modes.
- Standard hotspot diameter with impressive throw distance for perfect all-around beam profile.
- It has an internal motor that vibrates to remind you when the battery gets low.
- The tail switch is a bit harder to press while maintaining a grip at the same time.
LEDLenser Torch, Powerful 1,000 Lumens
Key features and benefits
- This little torch is equipped with 1 x XTreme LED that provides a pure and bright light output of 1000 lumens at maximum settings
- Comes with a smart light technology that enables it to unleash the light up to 210 meters using its three different levels of brightness.
- This torch has an advanced focus system that lets you choose between a broad floodlight and a sharply focussed long-distance beam to better suit your needs.
- The torch comes powered by one ICR18650 2200mAh li-ion rechargeable battery and offers a run-time of up to 40 hours in the lowest settings.
- The Advanced Focus System (AFS) is the patented combination of a reflector and lens that creates a light system that provides both a focused beam for spotting objects in the long-distance and a homogenous spill-beam for up-close reading of the documents of drivers or cars.
- The beam range of this torch met all my expectations and its ability to choose the lens between floodlight and long distance throw is a very handy feature.
- The torch comes with a coloured led charging indicator that lets you know the state of charge and indicates you when the battery is low.
- It has an IPX4 protection against water splashing from any direction.
- The magnetic floating charging system makes it easy for you to charge it in your car as well.
- It feels very solid and weighty in the hand and at the same time its size is quite smaller than I thought it would be.
- It may seem a little pricey, but the quality, the build and the light beam this torch produces is incredible.
- Doesn’t really has a collar so that it may roll when placed on uneven surfaces.
IMALENT DX80 Bright Torch 32000 Lumens CREE XHP70 2nd Generation LED
Key features and benefits
- This torch comes with eight US CREE XHP70 second-generation LEDs, it has a lifetime of 50,000 hours and a maximum output of 32,000 lumens making it one of the brightest for security purposes as there is nothing it won’t illuminate.
- It has a multi-function OLED display that shows variable parameters and settings like voltage warning and charging status.
- It has an intelligent temperature control feature that will give you a warning by flashing 8 times in the OLED indicator and then automatically adjusts the temperature under 50 degree Celsius.
- The powerful DX80 consists of six output levels that let you adjust the beam in any given situation regardless of the environment.
- The batteries included with this torch are long-lasting, especially on lower modes. It has a rechargeable battery pack, including 8pcs original IMALENT rechargeable 18650 batteries.
- Aviation grade aluminium alloy boy making it a super tough choice for more tactical operations.
- A lanyard and a holster are included in the package for better and convenient usage.
- It has a lock button on it which is a good idea because it prevents it from accidental activation.
- The sheer light force of the DX80 will illuminate the whole neighbourhood and can let you see objects that are over 600 – 700 meters away.
- The light is so powerful that you can use it to disable a mugger or a criminal who is coming towards you making them completely blind.
- A really great bright torch, but it gets really hot when left on for extended periods and can become uncomfortable to hold.
One of the reasons to get one of these best torches for police is that it can be used as a backup weapon in any emergency situation. So, you can either choose a large and heavy torch model that can be used as a striking weapon or you can get a smaller one that comes with a solid bezel that helps you defend yourself in case you are attacked.
All of the above police torches reviews that I provided you with are meant to inform you about the best and latest torches available for law enforcement and security persons based on how the torch is to be used, not what the overall best law enforcement torch is. Having a flashlight is super convenient for policemen, but choosing one obviously is a difficult task. I hope the torches that I have reviewed above can help you in finding a suitable torchlight in accordance with your requirements.