An excellent quality torchlight is a must-have for any farmer for so many obvious reasons. Whether you need it for general everyday use on your farm or lighting the way down in the dark while out in the field, you as a farmer always need a torchlight that is super bright and has a good throw as well.
While choosing the best torch for farmers, you have to take into consideration a few factors that can help you perform your farming duties in the best manner. You surely want the torchlight to be bright close to you and at the same time have a really good throw.
From my perspective, the torch should be bright when close by but you also want to be able to see across the fields as well. The requirements of a farmer may differ according to the specific needs but in the end, you want a torch that is bright enough to light up everything you shine it on.
A big change in the torchlight industry came with the arrival of LEDs that are known for using less power than the bulb-based lights and are said to be more durable against any shocks. In this article, I am going to share with you three of the best torchlights that you can use for farming purposes.
Olight X9R Marauder Super Bright Powerful Torch
- ★【Highest Brightness Level】 The X9R Marauder is the largest and...
- ★【Smart output control to prevent overheating】 Proximity sensors...
- ★【Improved Built-in Heat Dissipation System】 Improved built-in...
Last update on 2021-07-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Key features and benefits
- This torchlight produces a maximum output of 25000 lumens making it the best option for the intense output you might need out in the fields or at your farm.
- Its ergonomic design – Milled finger grooves, shoulder strap and concealable strap hole makes it convenient for farmers to use it in any given situation accordingly.
- The X9R is equipped with six Cree XHP70.2 LEDs that help brighten up the surroundings and can emit light up to 630 meters making it the best choice for use in open fields.
- It comes with eight output modes so that you can adjust the light intensity according to your needs. You might be working in a shed or out in the fields and the fact that you can change the output mode at 8 levels is just awesome.
- This torchlight is powered by a rechargeable battery pack combining eight high discharge rate of 18650 batteries. The batteries perform according to the mode you are using the light in. the runtime can vary from almost 27 hours at the dimmest level and 3 minutes at the brightest. In my experience, you won’t be needing the brightest level for a longer time period as it gets super bright at that level.
- Due to the proximity sensor that it has, the output of the light drops automatically when it approaches a nearby object making it easy for you to use just the right amount of light for various objects.
- It also has an active thermal management system that reduces the intensity of light when it senses that the temperature is too hot, hence preventing the torchlight from any damage or overheating.
- Waterproof IPX7 that means it is submersible up to 2 meters so that if by accident it ever falls into the water while working in the fields, it won’t be damaged.
- It comes with a complete package that includes accessories which are surely going to make your experience better with this torchlight.
- It has a fantastic and durable build quality and finishing making it a tough torchlight for use in your farm or fields.
- The strobe function in this torchlight is perhaps a bit too fast for me but it doesn’t affect the overall satisfying experience.
Olight Max 3200 Lumens R50 PRO Seeker LED Torch Flashlight
Key features and benefits
- The R50 Pro holds a Cree XHP70 cool white LED with four light emitting cores to deliver a maximum output of 3200 lumens making it bright enough to use in a shed or a farm at night or whenever you need.
- This torchlight from light includes a high capacity 26650 4500mAh rechargeable lithium battery and magnetic USB charging cable ensuring the users for long runtimes and easy charging.
- It provides instant access to turbo and strobe modes. Double click access to Turbo; triple-click access to Strobe. This feature makes this torchlight a very good choice for self-defence while being out there in the open.
- It has four brightness levels for a specific use. Multi-function side switch lets you cycle through the four brightness levels and automatically returns to the last brightness level with its built-in memory function.
- It has a multi-function side switch featuring a battery power indicator which glows red when the battery runs low. This helps you make for arrangements before the battery drains completely and leaves you stuck in the middle of nowhere.
- Due to its aero-grade aluminium body, the torchlight can survive drops and its anti-scratch hard anodising quality allows it to be used in somewhat rough conditions as well.
- Waterproof up to 2 meters – makes it easy for farmers to go out with it in the rain. It also helps to water the fields without any worries of getting the torchlight wet and cause any damage.
- It has a Lock-out function that prevents it from accidental activation while you are busy on the farm with your sheep or other animals.
- It has a very good balance of throw and spill.
- It is quite a powerful yet compact-sized torchlight making it a perfect combination of size and power.
- The charging cable seems to be a bit shorter than I expected however it isn’t really a con, just a mere thing to remember in future upgrades.
Nitecore P30 LED Torch
- ► High performance torch with an impressive range of 618 m, the P30...
- ► USB rechargeable torch, the P30 LED Nitecore with running time...
- ► LED torch waterproof according to IPX8 and 2 m submersible, the...
Last update on 2021-07-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Key features and benefits
- The P30 utilises CREE XP-L HI V3 LED to provide you with a maximum output of 1000 lumens. It throws the light up to 618 meters making it ideal for searching purposes in the animal shed or in the field.
- This torchlight has five different brightness levels and three special modes providing you a total of eight different options to choose from accordingly.
- Comes with 1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123 batteries providing higher power density and better energy storage resulting in longer runtime. For the size and the light density it provides, the batteries are quite reasonable.
- The dual switch user interface of this torchlight makes it super easy for you to interact with the light – you can ON/OFF the light with the tail switch and switch between the eight different options of brightness and light modes available with the Mode switch.
- Precision Digital Optics Technology provides extreme reflector performance and increases beam concentration while giving you a smooth hotspot for your specific needs in the farm.
- Can also be used for safety purposes while farming because of its gun mounting capability. Overall a compact design for better manoeuvrability.
- Heat dissipation ability of this torchlight is worth noticing, due to its incorporated ATR module it monitors and adjust the power according to the temperature making it optimal for you.
- Compatible to use in rain or in water as its waterproof in accordance with IPX8 (two meters submersible).
- Constructed from aero grade aluminium alloy making it shockproof in case of drops.
- The green lens can reach out further than the red one and it seems to illuminate the fields better.
- The red lens throws light up to only 30 yards or so, the green one is better.
- I wish it had come with two batteries but you can always purchase an extra one.
Choosing the best torch for farmers can be a bit of challenge but with the right information and knowledge of what you need, you can choose a torchlight that suits you the best.
I have reviewed three of the products that I have used for myself and found them to be very helpful. The torches on this list are great lighting options to have when popping into the sheep shed or checking farm machinery late at night.